As we all know the World is a different place now compared to when we all departed on the 23rd of March to the safety of our own homes.
However, we have been putting in place measures and preparing our Salon for re-opening and welcoming you all back.
We are delighted that the Government will allow us to re-open on the 4th of July 2020.
Things will be different and we believe that with the measures and guidelines detailed below we will be able to operate in a safe and Covid 19 compliant manner.
These changes have been formed from discussions within our team, current Government Guidelines and instructions from our Insurers.
Although the 2 metre Socially Distancing rule has been relaxed slightly we believe it still makes sense to try to maintain 2 metres of separation where possible.
This new way of working is to ensure your safety and the safety of our Stylists, as such, we will need you to work with us to create and maintain this safe environment by following these guidelines: –
- Telephone & Online* only bookings, (no walk in bookings or services) *Online bookings will only be available at a later date
- Only pre-booked Customers are permitted into the Salon at their pre-booked time, please only arrive at the Salon at your pre-booked time and avoid queuing outside
- If queuing is un-avoidable then please remember to remain at least 2 metres away from others in the queue
- If you are excessively late for your appointment you may be asked to re-book as pre-booked appointments cannot be overlapped
- Only the Customer with the pre-booked appointment will be permitted into Salon, no friends, family, children, etc. will be able to accompany the Customer*
- Children under 12 must have their own pre-booked appointment and must be supervised at all times whilst they are visiting the Salon, *(only 1 Parent / Guardian per child under 12).
- Children and young adults over the age of 12 are deemed to be able to visit the Salon un-accompanied and must have their own pre-booked appointment
- Customers are not permitted to bring into the Salon any shopping bags or items not required for the service being conducted at the Salon
- Stylists are not permitted to help remove or handle Customer’s coats, jackets, scarves, etc. Customers must remove these items themselves and place them on the coat hooks provided
- All Customers are to wear a face mask, (provided by ourselves or your own), before entry to the Salon and at all times during their visit
- All Customers are to sanitise their hands before entry to the Salon with the gel / spray provided
Salon Precautions And Preparations
- The front door of the salon will remain locked and will only be opened by the Stylist to let you into the salon at your pre booked time slot
- Protective screens have been fitted for Customer and Stylist protection between our back wash stations and at our reception desk
- The Salon layout has been re-arranged to ensure a 2 metre working separation between each of our workstations
- The seating in our waiting area has been removed and the area will not be used for any form of waiting except for a Parent / Guardian accompanying children under 12, (only 1 Parent / Guardian per child under 12)
- Our reception area has been moved away from the workstations to ensure a 2 metre working separation
- The seating in our unused workstations has been removed to ensure a 2 metre working separation between each of our workstations
- Floor markings have been added to create safe 2 metre walking and working areas
- Disposable gowns are being used, temporally replacing the previously washed gowns
- All of our towels are used, washed and then placed in a 72 hour quarantine holding pattern i.e.
- Mondays & Thursdays = Black Coloured Towels In Use
- Tuesdays & Fridays = Pink Coloured Towels In Use
- Wednesdays & Saturdays = Grey Coloured Towels In Use
- All of our Stylists will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment comprising, as a minimum, face mask, face shield, disposable apron and gloves
- Full workstation / equipment cleaning and sterilising will take place between each Customer leaving and a new Customer arriving
- Unfortunately due to the risk of virus transmission magazines / teas / coffees / biscuits / etc. that we would normally provide will not be available until further notice
- Contactless and Card are our preferred payment methods however if this is not possible we will still accept Cash payments and we would ask that you have the correct amount with you for payment
Please do give us a call on 01948 666003 if you have any queries or are unsure about any of the points raised above.
From Team Mane@Traction